Wow, looks like the CCTS has been pretty busy.
They’ve already updated their PC and have their 3-yr anniversary coming up so that gets them a CRTC review.
First, the PC Update:
– news item here: http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/1106, wherein they announce that “The CCTS Board of Directors and Voting Members have approved a number of important amendments to the CCTS Procedural Code” and have a chart highlighting the major changes. Well communicated, CCTS!
– Even more than that though, for those who want to get into the nuts & bolts of it all they have a pdf “analyzing” the changes in significant detail, including explaining the impetus and meaning of the changes, as seen here: http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Proc_Amendment_Guide.pdf
– I can’t really add to their chart and pdf analysis but can say that in sum, it’s some small and medium improvements for cx‘s. Nice!
The most important procedural change though, is that: no longer is a Decision delivered by the CCTS deemed to be “accepted” by the cx, in absence of the cx communicating their rejection of the decision – instead, the cx must now specifically accept a Decision for it to be binding upon the cx and TSP. (Though a recommendation is still considered to be Accepted unless the cx informs the CCTS that they “Reject” the Recommendation.)
Second, the CRTC Review of the CCTS (“Consultation 2010-247”) :
– The CRTC’s Main “Telecom Notice of Consultation” is here: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2010/2010-247.htm
– From the CCTS main page: “May 2010; CRTC launches its three-year review of CCTS, as contemplated in CRTC Telecom Decisions 2007-130 and 2008-46. More information about the proceeding is available on the CRTC’s website.…” and they link to the CRTC schedule here:
which lists this schedule (re-sorted for chronological order [hint hint there, CRTC]):
Notice of Consultation 2010-247 Schedule
Activities Deadline Dates Interrogatories from Commission 2010-04-30 Notice of intention to participate 2010-05-24 Responses to interrogatories 2010-05-31 Comments 2010-06-28 Request to appear 2010-07-12 Reply comments 2010-07-12 Public Hearing 2010-09-27(revised: 2010-11-29 ) Final arguments 2010-10-07(removed)
FWICT if someone wishes to file a written submission regarding this Consultation:
12. Any person who wishes merely to file written comments in this proceeding, without receiving copies of the various submissions, may do so by writing to the Commission by June 28, 2010 at the address or fax number noted above, or by filling out the online form.
All in all it seems like a good kind of busy that the CCTS has been up to.